Fish oil is a nutritional supplement made from the fats of small fish such as mackerel, sardines, herring etc. Fish oil contains the beneficial fatty acids EPA & DHA, which carry many scientifically proven and published health claims. Fish oil is commonly used to raise the Omega-3 intake and maintain healthy vision, heart and brain function.
: DHA helps maintain normal vision with a daily intake of 250 mg DHA
: EPA and DHA contribute to the normal functioning of the heart with a daily intake of at least 250 mg EPA+DHA
: DHA helps maintain normal brain function with a daily intake of 250 mg DHA
Nowadays, many types of fish oils are available on the market. However, they are not all the same!
• ORDINARY FISH OILS only provide 30% Omega-3, 18% EPA and 12% DHA. Taking into account that one capsule only contains 30% Omega-3, which means that the remaining 70% of the capsule consists of unnecessary or even unhealthy fats and, frequently, impurities such as heavy metals and PCBs.
• MOST CONCENTRATED FISH OILS are made as ethyl esters, containing 60% to 80% Omega-3. Although the Omega-3 concentration is somewhat higher, these fatty acids are not in an easily bioavailable form (i.e. easy to absorb by the body) and still contain up to 40% unnecessary or even unhealthy other fats.
• HIGHLY CONCENTRATED FISH OILS such as UnoCardio®, on the other hand, are extremely rare and contain 90% to 95% Omega-3. These fish oils are not made as ethyl esters but in a better, more bio-available form, r-triglyceride (rTG). These oils supply the greatest amount of EPA and DHA per softgel and are of the highest purity available.
Because of its rTG form UnoCardio® is up to 70% more easily absorbed than Lovaza, Teva Omega-3, Omacor.